Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Book Review: Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (Day #1)






Hi everyone! Today is the first day of my Jennifer L. Armentrout Week and it starts with the first book of the Lux Series which is Obsidian. I read this series within a week as a read-a-thon and since then it's one of my favorite book series.

It's about this girl named Katy who moves with her mother to West Virginia a few years after her dad passed away. First she thinks it's totally boring in the small town she's going to live in but then she meets her new neighbor Daemon. And if you looked at the cover you know he's one thing: HOT and sexy and just attractive ... and an arrogant prick! Oh and also an alien from the planet Lux, 10 billion light years away.

Okay, so I hope you don't think that this a cheesy, boring love story or maybe reminds you of Twilight because trust me - these books are WAY BETTER. What I love most about Jennifer's books is the way they're written. Especially this book, it was funny (seriously you laugh so hard while reading), fast-moving and action-packed. There aren't only the Luxen but also the Arum who are sort of the "bad aliens" and they always fight each other and I guess you can imagine that somehow Katy manages it to get into one although she's human. 
About Katy: I really, really liked her as the main character, she's absolutely not annoying but, when needed, always has a quick, snappy answer. And she's a book blogger - how awesome is that? Everytime she says something bookish that nobody around her understands, I'm always like "I know this feeling". Probably one of my favorite aspects about her.
Then there's Daemon ... well, Daemon totally dislikes Katy in the beginning or at least he wants her to think that. 

http://img.pandawhale.com/82716-haha-fuck-you-gif-ken-jeong-ha-ZX5z.gif
  my reaction to some things Daemon said to Katy ;-)
 
But throughout the book he opens up though at times he's still a jerk. His sister Dee is the complete opposite from him. She's the cheerfullness in person and liked Katy since the first time they've met.
I just enjoyed this book so much and couldn't stop reading. Please pick this book up if you haven't yet, I can only recommend it and would give it 10 out of 5 stars ;-)

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for tomorrow's review on Onyx, the second book in the Lux Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment