Wednesday, December 23, 2015

T5W: Series I want to start next year!


I greet you, dear readers, on Christmas Eve Eve! (Can you tell I'm excited for Christmas? :D)

Today, I finally have a Top 5 Wednesday post for you!
This one is about my top 5 series I want to start next year. Enjoy!

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly book meme hosted by Lainey (gingerreadslayney on YouTube) over on Goodreads. Check it out!




#5 - The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ZcklFDNmL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51djtVnrC0L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpghttp://d.gr-assets.com/books/1445626686l/25944798.jpg 
This is a high fantasy series and I actually don't know a lot about it but I think it's about a princess who flees her wedding day into a village and meets two strangers - one is a prince and the other one is an assasin sent to kill her. That's really all I know and all I want to know. But I'm super excited to read the series. The Beauty of Darkness is coming out August next year so I thought it would be the perfect time to read the series in summer - if I can wait that long...

#4 - Passenger by Alex Bracken
http://static2.hypable.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Alexandra-Bracken-Passenger.jpg
This beauty is the first book in the Passenger series and comes out next month! I also don't know a lot about the plot but I heard there's pirates, timetravel and overall awesomeness! Sounds great to me ;-)
And we already have the title of the second book, it's called Wayfarer!


#3 - The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

http://www.thelunarchronicles.com/uploads/book-covers/9780312641894_FC.jpghttp://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/lunarchronicles/images/b/b0/Scarlet_Cover.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140525182919 http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1375434619l/13206828.jpghttp://www.thelunarchronicles.com/uploads/book-covers/9780312642983_FC_PMIbnCm.jpg
Soo many people have already read and recommened these book to me. I believe these are all companion novels and fairytal retellings. Anyway, Winter just came out and I saw everyone on Goodreads, Instagram, Youtube and book blogs getting super excited about it which makes me want to read it so bad!

#2 - Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

http://38.media.tumblr.com/1bc7df1f2dd65d694823c1d82df0cefd/tumblr_inline_ndi6l1wdhJ1qb9izi.pnghttp://www.fallingkingdoms.com/assets/img/cover-book2.pnghttp://33.media.tumblr.com/b428c29bde0932da290b4eedc117b344/tumblr_inline_ndi6a3oc3O1qb9izi.pnghttp://www.fallingkingdoms.com/assets/img/cover-book5.png
This is also a high fantasy series consisting of 6 books though the last two aren't out yet. I'm not very certain what it's about because the blurb is a little confusing but this is what I got out of it: There's war and because of it the kingdoms are falling apart. Frozen Tides also just came out this month and the cover looks epic once again!  

#1 - The Witchlands by Susan Dennard
http://thewitchlands.com/media/cache/15/17/15172b7ad0f89de3f4c65dcfe3628afe.png
Truthwitch is the first book of the series and is high fantasy as well (I'm really on that high fantasy train at the moment, if you can't tell :)). It comes out the same day as Passenger and is about witches who can tell truth and lie apart. It sounds like a very interesting concept and I can't wait to read it! Plus, the cover is gorg!


 So, these are 5 of the series I want to start next year. I chose them in no paticular order actually :-)

Thanks you so much for reading and MERRY CHRISTMAS! <3
 What series do you want to start next year? Any of these? Or others? - Tell me down below!! 

Follow my blog with Bloglovin! New posts every Tuesday, Wednesday and weekend!
Let's be friends on Goodreads!
Follow me on Bookstagram! New uploads every day!




22 comments:

  1. I've ordered the first book in the Falling Kingdoms series. I'm so excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!! I hope you enjoy it a lot :-)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. Everyone seems to LOVE The Lunar Chronicles. It's not really my cup of tea, but maybe I'll give it a try in the New Year! :D

    My T5W! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I only heard great things about it either! Hopefully happy reading then :D

      Thanks for the comment <3

      Delete
  3. Happy Christmas Eve Eve! Woo! I want to read all of these series on 2016 too! Let's just hope I actually do it and not just say it! Great list!

    ~L. @ Reading Against Time ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I feel the same way ... but this time I really intend to read all of them - I know we can do it!

      Thanks for commenting, girl!

      Delete
  4. The Lunar Chronicles is great. I also think it gets better with each book. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really can't wait to read them - plus, the covers look beautiful!!!

      Thanks for commenting and passing by <3

      Delete
  5. Oh my, Truthwitch is one of my most anticipated books of 2016, can't wait to get my hands on it, it sounds so awesome. I also have no idea what Falling Kingdoms is about, but after it's increasing popularity I had to put it on this week's T5W too!

    MissPhi @ Miss Phi's Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I NEED Truthwitch and Falling Kingdoms!!

      Thanks for commenting :-)

      Delete
  6. AHH you need to read the lunar chronicles , they are amazing! I really want to start the Remnant Chronicles because that series sounds fantastic too.
    Have a great holiday Gina :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both sound sooo good - can't wait to read them!!

      You too, Muna & thank you so much for passing by <3

      Delete
  7. I really want to start the Remnant Chronicles and all those new 2016 releases too! Awesome list :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      And I'm so glad there are still people who haven't read The Remnant Chronicles yet :D

      Thank for commenting!

      Delete
  8. Hey Gina!

    I seriously need to read the Remnant Chronicles. Not only does the premise sound great, but look at those covers! I'm on the fence about Truthwitch. I keep hearing buzz about it, but I don't want to be disappointed. I hope you like the Lunar Chronicles! I just finished the series this month and loved it. Here is my T5W!

    Happy Holidays! :)

    Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The covers of the Remnant Chronicles are really SO beautiful!
      And I will totally check out you T5W, thanks for sharing ;-)

      Have wonderful holidays yourself and ty for passing by <3

      Delete
  9. Truthwitch is in my tbr for the next year too. I am still having second thoughts about the Lunar Chronicles but we will see. Great post. Have a good day! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope Truthwitch and The Lunar Chronicles are as good as they sound;D

      Thanks for commenting & have a nice day too!

      Delete
  10. Such a great list! I want to read The Remnant Chronicles, Passenger (I adored her Darkest Mind Series), The Lunar Chronicles and The Witchlands next year also! Happy reading! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! And I loved The Darkest Minds SOOO MUCH too :-)

      Hope you love the other books and thank you for commenting! <3

      Delete
  11. I got the first 3 books in the Falling Kingdoms series and Cinder and Scarlet for Christmas! I'm so happy, I need Passenger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my God! It's so amazing you got them for Christmas! I hope you have a great time reading them :-)

      Thanks for commenting and passing by <3

      Delete