Sunday, June 14, 2015

Book Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover




Hello guys! I'm back with another review! This time of Colleen Hoover's stand-alone NA novel Ugly Love.


Ugly Love is about Tate, a nurse, and Miles, a pilot, who make an arrangement: sex without the relationship. Tate doesn't really have time for love and Miles definitely doesn't want love - like he makes that reeeaaally clear from the beginning. He even has two rules for her: never ask about the past; don't expect a future. That's when you realize that something must have happened in his past because when Tate gets to know him more and more you see how much he still suffers from that. And while Tate doesn't really figures out what happened until the end, the reader does, because every second chapter is written from his POV but from six years back. And when Tate starts to fall for him
Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.
This book was so great. Especially the feels you get through the amazing writing. I cried, I laughed, I wanted to punch something (mostly Miles XD). And it also has this kind of deeper storyline in it that was different but very well-written. The Miles-chapters sometimes reminded of the way poetry-slams are written... but whatever
Anyways, I LOVED the book, I think I actually read under 24 hours, that's how amazing it is and I highly recommend this for you to read.

Also, this book is becoming a movie staring Nick Bateman! It actually has a kick-starter up for support: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ugly-love-the-movie#/story

Little warning: If you don't like "sex-scenes" in books, this might not be the right book for you. But do not worry: next week I'll review a YA book again:-)

Thank you for reading!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment