Sunday, June 28, 2015

Book Review: Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver








Hello fellow readers!
Today I'm going to be reviewing Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.

Befoer I Fall is about Samantha, a girl in her senior year of high school. She's pretty, popular, has a boyfriend and three best friends. On Febraury 12 she goes to a party and on her way back she dies in a car accident - except that she wakes up in the morning of the same exact day she died: February 12.
First she thinks she's somehow gotten a second chance but when she has to relive that day a third time she needs to figure out how to break out of this circle...

I read this book three years ago and first I wasn't quite sure if I would actually enjoy it. In the beginning I hated the characters - especially Sam. She was this typical superficial annoying girl that bullys others who she thinks aren't cool enough to be friends with or even talk to. 
BUT throughout the book she finds out so much about herself and the society we live in, how everyone only sees a tiny part of someones's personality and believes he knows what the rest looks like. We are used to judging to fast and giving too less second chances. Everyone has the right to be treated friendly and with respect.
Lauren Oliver really did a great job making you realize such things and by the time I finished Before I Fall it was already one of my favorite books. Seriously I can only recommend this book to EVERYONE. You don't need to be a certain age to read it though the main character is a teenager. Also the book is full of quotes! The best can be found on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/6674135-before-i-fall 
These are my personal favorites:

“I shiver, thinking how easy it is to be totally wrong about people-to see one tiny part of them and confuse it for the whole, to see the cause and think it's the effect or vice versa”
“So many things become beautiful when you really look.”
“The whole point of growing up is learning to stay on the laughing side.”

― Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall
 
Thanks for reading and tell me what quote you like the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment